Welcome to the virtual online discussion!The online discussion was between students at CU Boulder (CU) and students at O'zbeiston Davlat Jahon Tillari Universiteti in Uzbekistan taking English during the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters.
Background:Students in Uzbekistan have limited access to education. This was the first time these 2 groups of students interacted with another course internationally.
Instructors and Assistant for Project:
- Professor Galina Siergiejczyk from CU
- Instructor from O'zbeiston Davlat Jahon Tillari Universiteti in Uzbekistan
- Naomi Wahls – Researcher
- Week 1 (Sept 18-24) – Introductions
- Week 2 (Sept 25-Oct 1) – Articles & Video discussions
- Week 3 (Oct 2-8) – Articles and Video discussions
- Week 4 (Oct 9-15) – Reflection Paper & Articles Summary Paper
- I can discuss presentations skills
- I can discuss women leadership topics
- I can introduce myself to my international peers
Prior ResearchNaomi Wahls started an initial research on intercultural competency through VIEs. This project was a continuation of that prior research.